Monday, July 21, 2008

Jesus Christ's Personality Type

In The Discipling Dilemma, Flavil Yeakley wrote that Christ has all the functions (extraversion/introversion, sensing/intuition, thinking/feeling, and judging/perceiving) because He is God. This means that His type is not ESFJ, nor any other type.

Since Christ is not only God, but also a man, there is also a question about His human personality type. Yeakley wrote that Gospels do not provide the information about Christ's personality type because sometimes He acted as an extravert, sometimes as an introvert, and so on. I agree with that.

So, it is impossible to figure out Christ's human personality type from the Bible. On the one hand, it may mean that God purposely hid His personality type from people. On the other hand, Christ is a perfect man, the only perfect one. Every personality type is normal. However, still every type has some advantages and some weaknesses. Since Christ is perfect, it means that He has no shortages. Every type has some limitations. Christ does not have any limitations. This probably means that Christ as a perfect human being is not limited by only one personality type. This means that He could act as a person of different psychological types at different times.

1 comment:

TH in SoC said...

Lema Nal,

Thank you for your reply to my questions regarding my blog and suggestions for making churches safer. I know a great deal about the church you came from, since it is very similar to the Assemblies of George Geftakys in many ways. I am going to publish your reply in my next TH in SoC post. But if you don't mind, I'd like to refer to your old church indirectly rather than by name (I don't want to have to hire John Grisham as a lawyer to defend me in court, if you know what I mean).

If it's okay with you, may I change the name of your old church to "the Plymouth Brethren-styled cult started by an Asian man"? If you'd prefer something else, please let me know. I'd like to publish your reply this Sunday, if that's okay; but if you need time to think about it, I will wait. Again, thanks!