Monday, July 28, 2008

The Purpose of My Blog

I realize that I should have started my blog with explaining my purpose rather than to do that now. However, it is better late than never.

After I left a pseudo-Christian mind controlling cult, for a long time I have had a question: How to be a Christian without being mind controlled? I believe this is an important question for people who left pseudo-Christian cults and abusive churches.

The main problem here is how to discern what is mind control and spiritual abuse and what is normal Christian experience. I found out that it is not so easy to find out how to do that.

There are two approaches to the problem of cults. Psychologists who study mind control in cults tend to neglect spiritual experience. Christian theologians tend to neglect mind control. I think that in order to find the answer to my question, it is important to consider both psychology and theology.

In my blog, I post my ideas and opinions regarding my question: What is mind control and what is normal spiritual experience. I do not have a purpose to criticize anybody just for the sake of criticism. I am trying to find an answer to my question. I do not claim that I know all the answers. And I will be glad if my posts will help other former members of abusive churches and pseudo-Christian mind controlling cults. They are welcomed to discuss these questions.

No comments: